If your organization has subscribed to Juristat Office Action Response (OAR), an Office Action Response packet from Juristat will be available within two business days of an office action being filed on your application.
What's in an OAR packet?
Juristat OAR packets include a wealth of information to let you respond to the substance of your office action without spending valuable time on formatting and document creation.
Each OAR packet includes:
- Draft Response - an office action response document matching your organization's preferred template(s) with your application information, caption, response, current claim language, and rejection bases already populated;
- Client Letter - a letter that can be either mailed or emailed to inform your client of the rejection bases and art cited;
- Juristat Art Unit and Examiner Reports - the Juristat reports for your examiner and your art unit, providing all the background information you need to optimize your response strategy;
- Office Action - an OCRed version of your office action, allowing you to quickly search the document for cited art and other key phrases;
- Annotated Cited Art - PDFs of the art cited in your office action, annotated to quickly indicate which specific parts your examiner cited; and
- Clean Cited Art - clean PDFs of your cited art to share with your clients.
How do I access an OAR packet for my application?
Once an OAR packet has been completed, you'll receive an email with the application number, office action date, type (final or non-final) of office action, and a link to download the OAR packet.
When you click the link in the email, you'll be taken to the download page. (Note, you'll need to have already created your Juristat account and you may be prompted to log in.)
From there, click the download should begin automatically, or you can click the "Download" button to begin the download manually.
The .zip file containing the packet will automatically save to your default folder for downloaded items. That's it!
If you have any questions about your OAR packet, or if you are using TurboPatent SmartShell and have any questions, please contact us.